Guiding Good Choices® and Staying Connected with Your Teens Parenting Program May 2011 Schedule
MAY DATES: 10th, 17th, 24th, and 31st from 6:30-8:30pm
The Prevention Council of Roanoke County will now be offering two parenting programs for parents of youth in grades 3 through 12.
The sessions include information on:
· healthy beliefs and clear standards in the family
· strengthening parenting skills
· strengthening family communication skills
· dealing with peer pressure by learning specific refusal skills
· challenges of adolescence
· building protective factors
· reducing risk factors
· networking with other parents through the middle and high school years
This program is available for Parents, Faith Based Groups, Civic Organizations, Schools, Neighborhood groups, Businesses as a Lunchtime presentation, and Health/Human Service organizations. Please share this information with colleagues, neighbors and friends.
Please see the attached flyer and registration forms for details.
Parent Education Coordinator